Traditional marketing does not allow for direct customer interaction, while digital marketing provides a higher level of engagement and interaction. Whether it’s through comments on social media or email messages, your target audience is instantly connected to you via various digital marketing channels.
Benefits of Traditional Marketing:
You can easily reach your target local audience. A radio ad may play in one area, for example, your town or region. Or mailbox flyers in a select number of suburbs will go into households.
The materials can be kept. The audience may have a hard copy of materials that they can regularly read or click through.
It’s easy to understand. Many people can easily grasp it because they are already used to this sort of strategy.
The Downside to Traditional Marketing
There is very little contact between the medium employed and the clients. It is more about supplying the public with the awareness that the brand exists with the expectation that those people will patronize the brand.
Print or radio advertisements can be very costly. It can be expensive to print materials and you need to hire people to sell those.
· Results of this marketing strategy cannot easily be measured.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
· You can target a local audience, but also an international one. In addition, you can tailor a campaign to specific demographics of the audience, such as gender, place, age, and interests. Which means it will make your campaign more successful.
· Your audience can choose how they want to receive your content. With the use of social media networks, interaction with your public is possible.
· Digital marketing is cost-efficient. Although some spend in paid ads online, the expense is still cheaper than traditional marketing.
· Data and results are easily recorded.