The Indian banking system is dominated by public sector banks and controls nearly 80 percent of the market, thereby leaving comparatively much smaller shares for the private banks. Improved performance of the banking industry in India has helped the economy to bounce back to a positive growth level. As per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India’s banking industry is adequately capitalised and well-regulated.
Indian banking industry has recently witnessed the roll out of innovative banking models like payments and small finance banks. RBI’s new policy and measures may go a long way in helping the restructuring of the domestic banking industry. Both the Public-sector banks and private banks are also encouraging their customers to manage their finances using digital channels and mobile devices.
The banking industry is going through a transition to become digital enterprises. Delivering a consistent customer experience is becoming tough. Financial institutions which can’t coordinate and personalize customer interactions across all channels risk losing out to other banks. With SAP software for the banking and financial services industry, you can increase profit margins across all channels and easily overcome challenges such as higher capital requirements, stricter regulations, and the shift in digital banking with a range of best-in-class bank systems and technology to thrive in the new environment.
SAP software delivers ongoing, unsurpassed value with the evolving demands of the digital economy. SAP is having solutions for the Banking sector both in Capital Markets and Retail & Commercial Banking as outlined below :-
A. Capital Markets
- Foreign Exchange
- OTC Derivatives
- Fixed Income
- Investment Analytics
- Clearing and Settlement
- Client Reporting
Risk and Compliance
- Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting
- Intraday Liquidity Management
- Liquidity Risk Management
- Market Risk
- Counterparty Credit Risk Management
- Operational Risk and Regulation Management
Human Resources -Solutions for HR
Finance- Capital Markets Treasury Management
Sourcing and Procurement
B. Retail and Commercial banking
Digital Customer Engagement
- Contextual Marketing
- Smarter Selling
- Digital Experience and Commerce
- Online Mobile and Banking
Retail Banking Operations
- Retail Deposits
- Retail Lending
- Centralized Payment Processing
Commercial Banking Operations
- Cash and Liquidity Management
- Commercial Lending
- Financial Services Network
Capital Markets Operations
- Cross-Asset Trading
- Capital Markets Treasury Management
- Accounting for Financial Instruments
- Performance Management
- Risk Management
- Data Management for Finance and Risk
Sourcing and Procurement
SAP solutions enable banks to improve performance across business units through:
- Improved customer acquisition, service, loyalty, and next-generation customer experience
- Increased agility, efficiency, and lower costs for true financial excellence
Infocus Success Story
Project overview of SAP PI/BCM Consulting for an International Banking client
In connection with SAP Netweaver PI 7.3 implementation as part of SAP ECC6 Technical Upgrade project, Infocus offered the Bank the services of an experienced SAP Netweaver Process Integration (PI) and Enterprise SOA development consultant recruited from a consulting firm to complete the work that started during the SAP technical upgrade. The project was started by a separate vendor but could not be completed. Infocus provided consulting services to replenish the gaps and streamline the implementation process and ensure a successful live roll out.
- Identify and document the current interfaces between SAP and external systems.
- Identify faulty configuration and rectify configuration in the SAP PI server
- Training of the Bank’s staff in SAP PI and BCM
- Installation of Net weaver package and relevant enhancement package required for effective implementation of the SOA architecture on the current SAP Bank platform.
- Reduced Bank transaction cost and ensure smooth payments to vendors
- Smooth automated bank reconciliation process
- Complete monitoring of the SWIFT payment messages and quick issue resolution of exceptions
Infocus is having an experienced and professional team equipped with the knowledge of the business process in Banking sector to ensure SAP solutions are successfully rolled out in this vertical.
Contact us today at email@example.com or Call us +91 33-22894329 for all your queries.